Remote Fix Key Terms
The following terms apply to our Which? Computing Tech Support: Remote Fix (“Remote Fix”) service. Please take the time to read and understand them. If you have any questions, then please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
- 1. Contacting us
- a. Availability: Our specialist advisors provide advice and help and will be available from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 8.30am and 6pm.
- b. How to contact us: You can contact us by calling: 029 2267 0002 if you have any questions about or issues with our service.
- c. Who can be advised: We can only advise individuals that have a paid subscription to this service.
- d. Details of your call: All calls to and from the Which? are recorded for quality, training and monitoring purposes.
- e. The accuracy of our advice and the fix we provide depends on the accuracy and completeness of the facts you convey to us, so please take care to ensure you tell us everything that you think may be relevant to your query. We may ask you questions during a call in order to understand your problem better, please try to answer these questions as fully as possible.
- 2. What we can help you with
- a. Computing advice and Remote Fix
A member of our team of specialist advisors will provide you with an advice call. After using a link to download the necessary software the adviser will access your computer in an attempt to fix the problem you have called regarding.
- b. We can help in relation to a number of issues including:
- i. Help with email issues;
- ii. Software problems;
- iii. Operating system updates;
- iv. Security questions;
- v. Dealing with viruses;
- vi. System or internet slowdown; and
- vii. Driver updates.
- a. Computing advice and Remote Fix
- 3. What we cannot do
- a. We are unable to help in relation to:
- i. Web programming;
- ii. Site development;
- iii. Small business assistance or consultancy;
- iv. Changes to a computer’s registry;
- v. Changing or accessing passwords for members;
- vi. Detailed advanced tuition on every item of software; and
- vii. Hardware fixes if the problem is physical.
- 4. Using our service
- a. You can request your appointment for remote access computing help any time after making payment for the Remote Access service. When you request your call we will arrange for you to be called back. We will always let you know when to expect your call back. Once the adviser calls you for your appointment they will send you an email which contains the key terms of the service, the complaints procedure and a link which you can click to download the software which will allow us to remotely access your computer for this particular remote access session. You will have the ability to terminate this remote access session at any time. Which? will always request your permission to remotely access your computer and will not remove or duplicate any files you have stored there.
- b. Which? will not be responsible as a result of any damage or financial loss as a result of the remote access session.
- c. Broadband Internet connection is required for Remote Fix. ISP subscription is not included with this service.
- 5. Things that you agree
- a. You agree that you will not use Which? Tech Support in any way that is:
- i. illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- ii. likely to damage the reputation of Which?;
- iii. likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person;
- iv. is defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- v. will or is likely to infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- b. You confirm you are over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
- c. Whilst our team will use reasonable skill and care to resolve problems you have referred to us, you accept that we may not be able to correct your problem using our remote support service due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event that it is not possible, we will discuss alternative methods with you in order to resolve your problem.
- 6. General exclusions and limitations:
- a. We cannot:
- i. Speak to someone who telephones on your behalf, unless you have previously given us permission to do so;
- ii. Review or draft any documents on your behalf;
- iii. Guarantee you will speak to a particular specialist adviser; or
- iv. Advise, assist or complete any action where this would be in breach of the law or applicable regulations.
- 7. Suspension or termination of your use of the Remote Access service
- a. Where we think you are misusing the Remote Access service, we may suspend the provision of advice or assistance until such matter is resolved. In serious cases or in the case of repeated misuse or where we cannot resolve the matter with you, we may refuse you future access to the Remote Access service or any other services we offer. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to, being abusive to our staff or other inappropriate behaviour, using the service for illegal or improper purposes.
- b. If you are in serious breach of these terms and conditions, we may take appropriate action. This may include suspension or termination of your use of the Remote Access service. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund of the payment you made to use the Remote Access service. Which? takes our responsibility to comply with the law seriously, therefore, in the event that you are utilising the service for illegal purposes or Which? become aware of information on your computer that shows your involvement in any illegal activity, Which? reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities and disclose information pertaining to the illegal act. Which? does not accept liability for any losses, financial or otherwise, you may suffer in the event of such a disclosure being made.
8. What can you do if we don’t comply with these terms?
If we are in serious breach of these terms and conditions, you may be entitled to a full refund of the payment you made to use our services in the current subscription period.
- 9. Your data
Your data will also be deleted from our systems after a limited time in line with the above policy.